Built in 1937, Zahm Hall is home to 229 men, who proudly refer to themselves the Zahmbies. Zahm is named for Father John Augustine Zahm, CSC, who graduated from Notre Dame in 1871. Zahm is known for its very tight-knit community and open door policy. Few dorms have as much spirit or as deep a commitment to community service. Residents volunteer with a program called There Are Children Here that enables youth from troubled homes to escape from their domestic situations by going to a camp outside of town or, in the case of Zahm, coming to campus to spend time with college students. All of the profits from Zahm's Foodsales Pizza Kitchen are donated to TACH.
Zahm provides a well-balanced variety of rooms. 30% of the rooms are singles, 25% are triples, 15% are doubles, and 15% 4-man suites. There are also a couple of 2-room suites and a few 3-man suites.
RECTOR: Fr. Tom Doyle, C.S.C.
Biography coming soon...