Oldest building currently used as a residence hall; Constructed in 1882 as a boarding school for children ages 6-13; In 1925, Knute Rockne received his first communion in the chapel; Transformed into a men's residence hall in 1929 after the University disbanded the boarding school; 1929 room configurations provided space for 145 men; Fire damaged the 3rd and 4th floors in 1980; Only residence hall listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Over 1/2 of the rooms are doubles, and the remaining rooms are divided among triples, quads, 3-man suites, singles, and 4-man suites.
RECTOR: REV. RALPH HAAG, C.S.C.
Fr. Ralph Haag comes to the University after three years of service as the associate pastor of St. Gregory the Great Parish in Phoenix, Arizona. During his time in Phoenix, Fr. Ralph worked with the junior high and high school youth groups, directed the high school religious education program, and created programs for adult faith education. Fr. Ralph earned a B.S. in Business Administration from Creighton University in 1998 and an M.Div. from the University of Notre Dame in 2003. He was ordained a Holy Cross priest in 2004.