Built in 1955 as a residence hall for male students; Philanthropist brothers Thomas and John Pangborn provided the funding for construction; 15th residence hall established on campus; 1 of 4 buildings dedicated in 1955; Past residents include Notable past residents include George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) and John Paxson '83 (pro basketball); Converted into a women's residence hall in 1992; Recognized as Hall of the Year 1999-2000; The hall was renovated in the summer of 2002.
About 60% of the rooms in Pangborn are doubles, while 25% are single rooms. Additionally, there are a few 4-person and 6-person suites. Pangborn has four suites that house staff.
RECTOR: SR. MARY DONNELLY, O.P.
Sr. Mary Donnelly, O.P., a Dominican Sister from Grand Rapids, MI, has been involved in ministry to college-age adults for the past 17 years. For a number of years, Sr. Mary served in Campus Ministry at Aquinas College, where she coordinated retreats, evenings of “reflection, faith, and film,” and Bible Study opportunities. As the Director of Formation for her religious community for the past seven years, Sr. Mary has worked directly with women seeking to become professed religious. Her role has primarily focused on education in the Dominican life, history of the Order and of the congregation, prayer, and the vows.
Sr. Mary holds a B.A. from Aquinas College, and an M.A. in Pastoral Studies from the Aquinas Institute of Theology. She made her final Profession of vows to the Sisters of the Order of St. Dominic in 1992. In 1995, Sr. Mary completed certification in Spiritual Direction at the Dominican Center at Marywood; she received a Doctor of Ministry degree from Western Theological Seminary in 2000.