Morrissey Hall

 

Morrissey Hall

HALL HISTORY

Constructed in 1925 as a residence hall for 245 men; Dedicated to Notre Dame's seventh president, Rev. Andrew Morrissey, CSC; The X-shaped cross on the building and its shield represents the crucifixion of St. Andrew, Fr. Morrissey's patron saint; Renovated in 1997 and 1998; One of the first halls with the Detex security system installed (1998); Commonly referred to as Morrissey Manor or simply "The Manor" for its architecture. Notable past residents include basketball stars Kelly Tripucka '81 and Troy Murphy.

ROOM INFORMATION

Morrissey Hall has one of the most diverse room arrangements on campus. 30% of the rooms are singles, 40% of the rooms are doubles. There are also triples, quads, 3-man suites, and 4-man suites. There are no private bathrooms in Morrissey.

RECTOR: REV. RONALD M. VIERLING, M.A., M.DIV.

574-631-5160
rvierlin@nd.edu

 

rev

After thirteen years as a priest and teacher on the secondary and adult levels of education, Fr. V comes to Morrissey Hall looking forward to the opportunity to minister among college students. A native of Philadelphia, Fr. V is the oldest of three children. In 1986, Fr. V entered the Congregation of the Oblates of Mary at the Foot of the Cross in Rome and began formation at the Angelicum University. He completed his seminary education at Holy Apostles Seminary in Cromwell, Connecticut receiving an M.A. in Dogmatic Theology and a Master of Divinity.

Since his ordination in March 1992, Fr. V has ministered in the West Indies as a missionary in St. Lucia, served as a parochial vicar of two parishes in New York City, taught adult religious education, ministered as a part-time chaplain at the Willow Grove Naval Air Station and dedicated the last seven years to being a full-time teacher and Theology department chair at Lansdale Catholic High School in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. In addition, Fr. V brings knowledge about dormitory life to Morrissey Hall as he served as a Resident Assistant while he was an undergraduate student at St. Mary’s College (Detroit, Michigan). In his free time Fr. V enjoys reading, cinema, designing web pages, and rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies.

FAST FACTS

Established: 1925
Mascot/Nickname: The Manor
Colors: Black/Gold
Quad Location: South Quad
Chapel: Little Flower Chapel
Signature Event: Manor Tomatina
Charity: St. Vincent de Paul Society

PHOTO GALLERY

FACILITY OVERVIEW

Number of Floors: 5
Number of Rooms: 103
Capacity: 232


Elevator? No
Air Conditioning? No
Study Room(s)? Yes
Exercise Room? Yes
Kitchen Access? Yes
Laundry Facilities? Yes
Sinks in Rooms? Yes
Modular Furniture? Yes

CAMPUS LOCATION

Location on Campus Map
North: St. Mary's Lake
South: South Dining Hall
East: Howard Hall
West: Lyons Hall