Fisher Hall

 

Fisher Hall

HALL HISTORY

Constructed in 1952 as housing for 156 seniors (with mostly single rooms); Dedicated by Sally Fisher to her husband, Fred Fisher, former member of the Board of Trustees; At the time of construction, Fisher was the 2nd residence hall to have a social lounge; Notable past residents include Joe Montana '79 (pro football), LaPhonso Ellis '92 (pro basketball), Orlando Woolridge '81 (pro basketball), and Regis Philbin '53 (entertainer); Summer 2001 renovations included new social space and a new chapel.

ROOM INFORMATION

A majority of the rooms are either singles (40% of rooms) or doubles (50% of rooms). About 10% of the rooms are 4-man suites. There are a handful of private bathrooms in Fisher Hall.

RECTOR: David Halm, C.S.C.

574-631-0945
dhalm@nd.edu

FAST FACTS

Established: 1952
Mascot/Nickname: Green Wave
Color: Green
Quad Location: South Quad
Chapel Dedication: St. Paul Chapel
Signature Event: Fisher Regatta
Charity: Andre House, Dismas House

PHOTO GALLERY

FACILITY OVERVIEW

Number of Floors: 4
Number of Rooms: 108
Capacity: 184


Elevator? Yes
Air Conditioning? No
Study Room(s)? Yes
Exercise Room? Yes
Kitchen Access? Yes
Laundry Facilities? Yes
Sinks in Rooms? Yes
Modular Furniture? In Most Rooms

CAMPUS LOCATION

Location on Campus Map
North: Morrissey Hall, Howard Hall, Lyons Hall
South: McGlinn Hall, O'Neill Hall
East: South Dining Hall
West: Pangborn Hall, Rockne Memorial, ND Golf Course (9-hole)