Dedicated in honor of Rev. Patrick Dillon, Notre Dame's 2nd president; Constructed in 1931 as the largest residence hall on campus, holding 265 men; After students moved in, over 85% of all Notre Dame students lived on campus; 13th hall constructed on campus; Chapel was a memorial to Knute Rockne; Architectural stone carvings on the outside include saints, animals, student athletes and a vessel; Notable past residents include Jim Flanigan '94 (pro football) and Alan Page '67 (pro football). With 81,000 square feet of space and 340+ residents, Dillon Hall is the largest residence hall on campus.
Notre Dame's largest residence hall provides a variety of room configurations, including: singles (33% of rooms), doubles (37%), a few triples and 3-man suites, and quite a few 4-man suites (25%). A few of the suites have private bathrooms.
RECTOR: REV. PAUL DOYLE, C.S.C.
Ordained as a Holy Cross priest in 1977, Rev. Paul Doyle became rector of Dillon in 1997. Father Paul received his B.A. in Economics, and a Master of Divinity from the University of Notre Dame. From 1980-1985, he was pastor of St. Joseph Parish in South Bend, Indiana. For several years, Father Paul served as Director of Old College, an undergraduate seminary program at Notre Dame, as well as Assistant Superior of Moreau Seminary. From 1991-1997, he served as the religious superior at Corby Hall, while also being a member of the Officers’ Group and the Board of Trustees at the University.