WELCOME TO YOUR HOME UNDER THE DOME!
MOVE-IN TIME, PARKING, and UNLOADING INFORMATION
With so many students moving in over the course of just a few days, we want to make the move into your Home Under the Dome as stress-free and convenient as possible. You will be assigned a specific move-in time and parking lot. Your staging lot and move-in information will be included on an information card that will be mailed to your home address in early August. It is very important that you bring your card with you, as you will not be allowed to enter campus without it. You must display the card with your name facing up on your vehicle's dashboard.
Ushers stationed in the lot will direct vehicles through a one-way traffic pattern to residence halls. Once at your hall, we ask that you stop, unload your belongings at the curb, and immediately move the vehicle to a perimeter parking lot. Members of the Welcome Weekend Committee and hall community will assist you with unloading and moving belongings to student rooms. Drivers must remain with the vehicle at all times. NO PARKING will be permitted near the halls.
In order to make the move-in run smoothly and so we can extend our best welcome to your Home Under the Dome, please refer to the schedule below to prepare for your arrival. Priority will be given to those residents at the times listed. While pedestrian access from perimeter parking lots to residence halls is always available, vehicle access will be restricted. Access for residents outside their priority times will be available as space and traffic permit and it may be necessary to unload smaller items from your vehicle while parked in perimeter lots.
MOVE-IN TIMES FOR VEHICLE ACCESS THROUGH THE GATES
Wednesday, August 16th
- Students previously approved for Wednesday Move-In: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, August 17th
- Students previously approved for Thursday Move-In: 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday, August 18th
- First Year Students "Group 1" Student Move-In: 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (Your move-in card mailed in early August will let you know your assigned move-in time.)
- Pasquerilla East, Pasquerilla West, Knott, Siegfried: 4th Floor and 2nd Floor rooms 230 and above
- Alumni, Duncan, Farley, Ryan, Sorin: Rooms 225 and above
- Carroll: Rooms 315 and above
- Dillon: Rooms 200 and above
- Keough: Rooms 250 and above
- Welsh Family: Rooms 340 and above
- All other halls: Basements, 2nd Floors and 4th Floors
- First Year Students "Group 2" Student Move-In: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Pasquerilla East, Pasquerilla West, Knott, and Siegfried: 3rd Floor and 2nd Floor rooms 229 and below
- Alumni, Duncan, Farley, Ryan, Sorin: rooms 224 and below
- Carroll: Rooms 314 and below
- Keough: Rooms 249 and below
- Welsh Family: Rooms 339 and below
- All other halls: 1st Floors and 3rd Floors
- Upperclassmen previously approved for Friday Move-In: 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, August 19th
- Upperclassmen previously approved for Saturday Move-In: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Sunday, August 20th
- All Upperclassmen Move-In: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
MOVE-IN MAP AND GATE INFO
Joyce Drive ("Walsh Architecture Lot")– Alumni, Dillon, Duncan, Keough, Ryan, and Welsh Family
Dorr Road D6 ("Lake Lot") – Badin, Carroll, Fisher, Howard, Lewis, Lyons, McGlinn, Morrissey, O’Neill Family, Pangborn (Badin Community), St. Edward’s, Sorin, and Walsh
D2 North ("Rugby Lot") – Breen-Phillips, Cavanaugh, Dunne, Farley, Flaherty, Keenan, Knott, Pasquerilla East, Pasquerilla West, Siegfried, Stanford and Zahm
MOVING TRUCK AND TRAILER RESTRICTIONS
Due to the limited access to the residence halls, the following restrictions have been placed on moving trucks and trailers.
- Trucks whose box is wider than its cab are not permitted on campus.
- Cargo and Utility Trailers of all sizes are prohibited on campus.
- Portable Storage Units are prohibited on campus
If you arrive with a prohibited vehicle/trailer or there is not enough room to maneuver your vehicle near your hall for move-in, you will be asked to move your vehicle to the D6 South parking area where you will be asked to unload your belongings. NDSP has a limited number of moving trucks that can assist you in moving your belongings to your residence hall from D6 South. An NDSP official will drive the truck with you and your belongings to your residence hall where you will unload for move-in.
Due to the logistical planning of move-in week, the Early Arrival Request form is no longer accepting responses. Only true emergency situations (e.g. sudden family illness) can be approved during move-in week, and requests should be directed to Tony Oleck (email@example.com). Those making non-emergency requests may be directed to seek other accommodations, such as the Sacred Heart Parish Center or local hotel.
HELPFUL LINKS AND INFORMATION
Move-in Checklist - What to bring and what not to bring to campus
Please refer to the information you received from the International Student Services and Activities (ISSA) office regarding move-in and on-campus housing during International Student Orientation.
- What happens if I forget or don't receive my Move-in card? If you arrive onto campus and do not have your card, please visit the parking lots listed above during the scheduled move-in times to get a new card issued.
- If I arrive a day early, may I move my belongings in? No, if you arrive on a day for which you are not scheduled, you will not be allowed onto campus.
- If I arrive late to my move-in time, will I be allowed to move-in? Yes, you will be placed behind those who arrived during their scheduled time and allowed to move in as space becomes available near the hall.
- If I need to move in quickly, may I be placed at the beginning of the line? No, cars will be allowed to move-in in the order they arrive and if space is available for move-in near the hall.