Alumni Hall

Alumni Hall exterior

Alumni Hall was constructed in 1931 and originally served as the border for the south edge of campus. When it first opened, Alumni Hall served visiting alumni and was named to honor all alumni past, present, and future. 

Alumni Hall is recognized for its unique architecture and artwork including gargoyles and numerous intricate stone carvings. Among the most notable art features are: the Madonna and Child (chapel entrance on north side), Saint Thomas Aquinas and Saint Boneventure (courtyard), Clashmore Mike (a dog that served as one of the mascots of the football team), and Knute Rockne (former football coach, east side). Alumni Hall’s chapel is dedicated to Saint Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of the University’s eleventh (11) president Fr. Charles O’Donnell (1928-1934).

 
Room Information
 
With over 260 beds, Alumni Hall offers a balanced room configuration ratio. Approximately 25% of the rooms are singles, 50% are doubles, and 25% are 4-man suites. A few rooms have private bathrooms.
 
Amenities
 
Elevator Air Conditioning Study Room(s) Exercise Room Kitchen Access Laundry Facilities In Room Sink Modular Furniture
YES NO YES NO YES YES YES PARTIAL

 

Campus Map Location

 
Basic Facts
Hall Abbreviation: AL
Established: 1931
Mascot/Nickname: Dawgs
Colors: Green/White
Quad Location: South Quad
Chapel: St. Charles Borromeo
Signature Event: The Wake
Charity: Martin Hall - Notre Dame College in Bangladesh

 

RECTOR:

Rev

REV. GEORGE ROZUM, C.S.C.

Phone: 574-631-6202
Email: grozum@nd.edu

Rev. George Rozum, a Holy Cross priest ordained in 1968, became rector of Alumni Hall in 1978. Father George received his bachelor degree in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame, an M.A. in Theology from Holy Cross College of Washington, D.C., and an M.S.A. from the University of Notre Dame. Prior to coming to Alumni Hall, he served as an associate pastor of St. Ignatius, Martyr, Parish in Austin, Texas, where he also served as chaplain to the Texas State School for the Deaf. Father George holds a National Certificate for Teaching the Deaf from the University of Texas, Austin.

Hall Website

Alumni Hall Website *student maintained, opens in new window